There have always been people who guide mothers with their savings, make them comfortable during childbirth, and adapt to their new lives shorter and easier after childbirth. The birth supporter is the one who does this professionally. It is a professional person who supports mothers in terms of physical, spiritual and knowledge, which means in ancient Greek, before birth, during and after childbirth. People who will be birth supporters undergo a certain education and begin to implement what they have learned after receiving their certificates. There have always been people who guide mothers with their savings, make them comfortable during childbirth, and adapt to their new lives shorter and easier after childbirth. The birth supporter is the one who does this professionally.
What Does the Birth Supporter Do?
- The birth backer believes that every woman can give birth to a baby the normal way unless it’s risky. Adverse conditions such as fear, stress or pain can remove many pregnant women from the idea of normal birth. The duty of the birth supporter relaxes the mother both physically and spiritually.
- The birth backer enters into labor with the mother. It allows pregnant women to understand hospital procedures, support them in this kind of work. She’ll be with your mother from the start of the birth to the end of the birth. It helps the mother to use non-drug relaxation techniques effectively at birth and to get the highest benefit. The whole goal is to remove fear and tension from birth, which is the biggest complication in childbirth, and to prevent the mother from entering the fear-tension-pain circle as much as possible.
- There’s always a birth backer at the center. Her goal is to make your mother feel like a queen at birth.
- Encourages the pregnant woman as well as her husband and relatives, and relieves them against possible problems.
- The birth backer doesn’t make medical decisions.
- Not just during childbirth; then the support of the birth supporter continues. It relaxes the mother with massages, provides peace with meditation and breathing techniques, and supports the mother and baby in such matters as bathing.
- All physical and spiritual supports aim to turn childbirth into a completely positive experience for the mother.
How Is The Birth Supporter Different from The Size and Nurse?
The birth supporter has knowledge of the physiology of childbirth; however, it does not have medical training like midwives and nurses. Therefore, a birth supporter does not listen, give medication, examine the baby’s heart beat during childbirth. Child support provides physical, emotional and informed support to pregnant women, who midwives and nurses are not adequately interested due to a little time, and are not authorized to perform medical procedures.
Is The Birth Supporter Really Useful?
- For some people, the work of the birth supporter is not very effective or necessary. However, this holistic support for pregnant women facilitates childbirth and gives positive results on the psychology of pregnant women. According to research, births attended by birth supporters;
- Caesarean section, forceps (withdrawal of the baby with a tool from the mother’s womb in order to make some problematic births easier), vacuum, epizyotomy (surgical cut applied to the perinel area before the baby’s head in the second stage of birth) was found to decrease rates.
- A decrease in the use of painkiller drugs has been detected.
- The baby’s more comfortable and easy breast sucking has also taken its place among the records.
- The fact that both mothers and fathers transition more easily into this new era after birth and perceive birth as a positive memory is among the benefits of birth supporters. Thanks to birth supporters, mothers’ confidence is increasing and their bodies are more resilient.
What are the Characteristics of the Birth Supporter?
- She is sensitive about the female body and childbirth privacy.
- Since it is meditative, it focuses on it so far and can give all its attention to the moment of birth.
- He respects elections. It does not apply as a sanction on pregnant women who support their preferences and birth experiences. Makes objective decisions.
- He is aware of his own energy because he does his own internal work and uses it to provide maximum benefit.
- He’s sensitive. She understands and respects the moodof the pregnant woman she supports, her husband and relatives.
- Due to its calm structure, it facilitates birth and provides a peaceful environment. You feel comfortable and safe in front of a birth supporter.