It’s the 1st pregnancy. ‘Adequate and balanced’ diet definitions, which you can hear profusely from the beginning, are not actually exaggerated at all! 😊
During this period, the feeding order of the mother should be qualified to meet the needs of the mother and the developing fetus, as well as to ensure post-pregnancy lactation i.e. milk production.
For this reason, it is very important that expectant mothers know what to eat and how to eat during their pregnancies.
What should be a diet during the first Trimester Period?
In the first trimede, the expectant mother does not need to take extra calories for her baby. However, especially in the 6th century. After the week, the nausea begins and the 10th century is the first time that the nausea will begin. It’s the busiest of the week.
Since this whole nausea process covers the first trimester period, it is necessary to consume healthy snacks that will suppress the stomach more during this period.
The amount of calories to be consumed daily, taking care to drink plenty of water, eating less frequently and adopting a 4-leaf clover model are among the topics that experts care about in the first quarter.
Foods That Are Good for Nausea during the First Trimester Period
- It alleviates nausea in pregnancy thanks to vitamin A found in the composition of peaches and yogurt.
- If you wake up in the morning, if you have nausea, don’t get out of bed immediately and consume snacks such as crackers and grissini to press you.
- Lemon has been found to be good for nausea during pregnancy, in this context you can consume a sugar-free lemonade.
- You should try to consume 10-12 cups of water per day. Drinking water will always and in any way will be good for you.
- Studies have found that ginger reduces nausea and vomiting. Even smelling ginger might help!
- Chewing 1-2 mint leaves or drinking mint tea will alleviate your nausea in times of nausea.
- Another nutrient that is good for nausea in pregnancy is apples. Apple accelerates the removal of toxins that cause
- nausea thanks to its fiber content. The important point here is by sliced the apple and eat it slowly.
- Eating rejection may occur due to nausea in pregnancy and not enough protein can be taken, but you may not be able to consume meat, chicken or fish while there is nausea.
- At times like this, support from nuts will alleviate your nausea. You can consume 10 nuts, 6 almonds or 2 walnuts per day.
What Foods Should Be Consumed in the First Trimester Period?
Apple: Constipation problem during pregnancy is a common problem. The way to deal with this problem is to choose fibrous foods. You can consume apples in your intermediate meals. Apple is a good fiber source and a delicious fruit.
Spinach: Spinach contains iron, vitamin C and folic acid to help protect your baby’s emerging spine. In addition, spinach helps the expectant mother cope with infections.
Milk: Milk and dairy products are very important during the period of pregnancy. Minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium and potassium. Vitamin A contains vitamins such as vitamin B12, vitamin B2. For this reason, you should add yogurt, buttermilk or cand as well as your main meals during pregnancy. In your intermediate meals, you can consume probiotic resources, especially from the milk group kefir.
Cereals: You should not remove carbohydrates from your daily diet for fear of gaining weight during pregnancy. You should choose complex carbohydrates instead of simple carbohydrates. Whole grains will be very useful for this stage.
Pulses: During pregnancy, bone enamelization occurs with sufficient amounts of calcium and phosphorus transition from mother to baby. Therefore, try to eat calcium and phosphorus during pregnancy. Dried legumes will also do your job at this point.
Vitamin C: During pregnancy, add foods such as citrus fruits, kiwis, broccoli, potatoes, cabbage to your daily diet. These foods are rich in vitamin C but facilitate iron absorption. Our body can’t store vitamin C, so you need to take it regularly.
Date-palm: During the first trimester period of your pregnancy, the need for sweets may increase, albeit rarely. If you meet this sweet request from empty energy sources, you may have problems in terms of weight control. To suppress the sweet request, you can consume dates.
What Foods Should Not Be Consumed during the First Trimester Period?
Harmful Habits: You can take the first step by trying to move away from your bad habits such as junk-food consumption, smoking and alcohol.
Herbal Teas: You need to leave all the herbal teas you drink because the caffeine content is high, including green tea. You should reduce the amount of black tea and coffee as much as possible. It is useful to consume black tea, open and lemon.
Intense Aroma: Foods with intense aroma can trigger your nausea and negatively affect the course of your pregnancy. To do this, you should keep foods with intense aromas, such as spices and sweeteners, away from your diet.
Extreme Fatty Foods: During the first trimester period of your pregnancy, almost all your hormones change in quantity. The exposure and slowdown of your digestive system can also cause some problems, such as indigestion. Therefore, you should avoid over-fat foods that will increase your indigestion and make it difficult to digest.