The right thing we can do in these hard times is take care of ourselves. One of the best things that can be done to keep the immune system strong is to consume the right nutrients. If you are a pregnant woman, it is important to consume the following foods and pay attention to the nutritional recommendations to strengthen your immune system.
It is very difficult to have a disease during pregnancy, especially if you are after the season transitions and if you are pregnant, in this article we will offer you suggestions that will allow you to enjoy your pregnancy.
How to Feed to Strengthen Immunity?
- Try to consume plenty of vegetables and fruits during your pregnancy. Fresh vegetables and fruits are the best source of antioxidants and strengthen your immune system. It is a vitamin and mineral store. Provides natural protection to the body against infections.
- In strengthening your immune system, include nuts in your diet. Almonds, for example, are one of the best nuts you can choose from. Protects you from colds and flu in your pregnancy. Because it strengthens your immunity. It helps prevent the spread of viruses in the body. Almonds are also rich in manganese, riboflavin and copper. In this respect, it keeps the bones and teeth strong. It is also very useful in brain function. Almond also supports the development of the brain and nervous system of the baby in the womb. Because it’s a natural source of folic acid.
- Pregnant women are also advised to receive vitamin D support. Vitamin D support is also continued during breastfeeding. Vitamin D is known as sunlight vitamin as well as beneficial for general health conditions. It strengthens the body’s immunity against colds and flu and provides protection. Vitamin D also protects against infections in the body.
- Pregnant women who do not get enough vitamin D from sun rays should always pay attention to vitamin D-rich foods. For example, oily fish and eggs are rich in vitamin D. Pregnant women are advised to eat fish twice a week. It is also necessary to be careful about fish consumption during pregnancy. It is necessary to avoid consuming swordfish, shark, tandfish, king mackerel fish with a very high mercury rate during pregnancy. Because fish with high mercury ratio can damage the brain development of the fetus in the womb. Excessive fish consumption is also useful to avoid pregnancy.
- Zinc mineral is a mineral that supports the immune system. Zinc provides protection in cases such as colds and flu and helps to heal such cases faster. Body DNA functions require china bay for the body’s repair and production operations. Therefore, zinc is one of the main minerals in pregnancy. Because it’s naturally found in many food. Dairy products, some shellfish, beans, nuts, wheat seeds, such as grain products are some sources of zinc.
- Another way to strengthen the immune system during pregnancy is to sleep enough sleep and exercise regularly. Lack of sleep can weaken the immune system.
The Importance of Drinking Water to Strengthen Immunity
- Drinking water will strengthen your immune system. You can feel healthier and stronger by drinking at least 8 cups of water a day. The other useful of drinking water is;
- Prevents bad breath.
- Hair problems; broken, dandruff, it adds health to the hair, preventing spillage.
- Prevents contractions and cramps frequently occurring on the head of those who have a high muscle weight and exercise regularly.
- Adequate water consumption; it regulates brain functions such as forgetfulness, attention problems, etc. that develop due to dehydration.
- Brain tissue, 85% of which is water; if the person does not have enough water in the body, it will lead to stress and tension. Accordingly, water also fights stress.
- During pregnancy; water in the womb is important for the development of the baby living in the fanus.
- Although the most important source of breastfeeding mothers breastfeeding is not known, water is.
- Constipation lies beneath digestive problems such as intestinal laziness and not consuming enough water.
- It helps the refgetation to pass completely, coming well.
- Water consumption is important to create body resistance against infectious diseases such as influenza.
- By increasing blood volume, it quickly carries the oxygen and food needed for cells and ensures that the heart is healthier.
- One of the contributions that water makes to the heart is that it greatly reduces the risk of heart attack. With the lack of adequate water, serious problems such as blood pressure imbalances, palpitations, arrhythmia and heart failures can be encountered by darkening and clotting of the blood.
- Kidneys, one of the body’s defense mechanisms, cannot filter foreign and harmful substances unless there is enough water. As a result, kidney stones, urinary tract inflammations are the biggest problem in the kidneys.
- Due to the volume it creates in the stomach, it contributes to less eating and the energy spent daily by running metabolism.
- It has a significant effect on skin health. It contributes to the moisturose of the skin and gained a youthful appearance. The skin of the person who drank enough water; shines, soft, moist, healthy and young appearance.
- It balances body temperature and helps to remove edema, which is causing great discomfort.
- By downloading our Step Counting app, you can make drinking water a routine of your life with the notifications you will receive during the day.
What are the effects of the Immune System in Pregnancy?
A weak pregnancy immune system can be a problem for everyone, it can make pregnancy troublesome and prevent you from enjoying this pleasant adventure. Some of the consequences of a weak immune system are:
- Having a weak immune system during pregnancy increases the risk of infection in pregnancy with hepatitis A, herpes and malaria.
- The tendency to inflame the pregnant body increases.
- In some cases, changing immune system can react to stimuli and cause high blood pressure during pregnancy.
- It becomes difficult for the body to fight simple diseases such as colds and colds during pregnancy. For this reason, many pregnant women are more easily caught in these diseases. Increased chance of influenza in pregnancy is also related to weakening of the immune system. Today, influenza has become a significant risk as the bird flu virus becomes a lethal form.