From the day you received the news of your pregnancy, you’d be looking forward to the end of that very special day! In addition to books, films and researches that were read during pregnancy, preparations for the birth bag are another issue that every mother-to-be focuses on. Your delivery bag is 30-35. it would be good for you to prepare it per week. Leaving the delivery bag for the last time will increase your stress and make mistakes. It is useful to prepare for yourself, your baby and your relatives who will accompany you when preparing a delivery bag. So what should be placed in the delivery bag and what should be considered?
What To Have in the Bag You Prepared for Yourself
- Chest pad
- Nipple protective cream
- Nightgown or pyjamas set for easy breastfeeding
- At least two breastfeeding bras
- Postpartum panties+athlete
- Preferably long or night-like pad
- Thick and cotton socks
- Slippers you can wear in the hospital
- Robe to wear on your nightgown
- Wet wipes
- Paper towel&paper towel napkins
- Bag to put dirty laundry
- According to the facilities in the hospital, comb, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, a small mirror, deodorant
- Tracksuit kit for you to wear at hospital exit
- Lip balm
Watch Your Choices
In general, hospitals give aprons that can be used overnight. However, with your chosen nightgowns, you can feel more comfortable, especially with your visitors. You can choose to have 2-3 coin and comfortable nights with you. When choosing your nightgowns, we recommend getting front-button gowns to breastfeed your baby comfortably. Likewise, you should be careful not to choose sweaty fabrics and to pay more attention to your comfort than the exterior.
When you wake up in the morning or try to take care of your baby, you should always take a robe with you according to the season to avoid getting cold and to feel better during mandatory walks in the hospital corridors.
We recommend that you buy two slippers with you before childbirth. One of the slippers you will get should be for wet floors and the other for dry floors. You should make sure that both slippers are made of materials that prevent slipping. Since hospitals are usually places where they are suitable for infection, you can choose towel slippers and simple flip-flops that can be thrown after use. You must wash your slippers thoroughly before using them.
- Personal care kit:
You must create this set in accordance with your own needs and habits. You can place the contents of the set in a small bag to keep them from dissipating. Among those who must be in the care kit; If you are using toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, comb, brush, deodorant, moisturiser, lip balm, contact lens box and solution, anti-allergenic, paraben-free makeup materials that will not harm your baby if you plan to take pictures. It will be more comfortable for you if you can get travel-length versions of these products. In the meantime, a general note from us: you should actually remove products containing parabens and lead from your personal care routine, not just when you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Hygiene set:
We recommend adding this set to your delivery bag in a small bag or bag. In this set, you should have cream, hygienic pads and pads for your nipples. You must carry wet wipes in your hygiene bag.
Even if you stay in the hospital for a day or two, you might need a lot of underwear. Under normal circumstances, you can take 3-4 panties, 2-3 breastfeeding athletes, 2 breastfeeding bras, 2-3 pairs of thick socks. If you have a location, you can add a body towel or bathrobe for the bathroom. However, since some hospitals will already meet these needs, it is useful to get information in advance.
- Technological tools: The charger, camera and machine charger for your phone, an MP3 player full of favorite songs, or your mobile phone, you can keep magazines to keep you and your relatives busy while you wait for birth. A small notebook or note paper and a pen to take notes will also help you remember what happened that day. You may want to take notes and keep these notes on your baby’s first examination. If you want to keep a baby book, make sure you keep it with you. The hand and footprints of your baby when you were born first, or your doctor’s message will be a good memory for you.
You should include your insurance information, photocopies of your identities, some cash, copies of the birth certificate, copies of blood and urine tests in your delivery bag.
- Homecoming outfit:
It will be a nice choice for you to choose one of the comfortable clothes you wear, especially in the last months of your pregnancy, and to take a flat comfortable shoe or slipper with you.
If there is no room in your bag, you can skip those on this list. If you’re in place, you can put the hairdryer and various hair accessories in your bag. The indispensable accessory of pregnancy is some of the items you can buy with you with the red ribbon. You can also take healthy snacks that will be good for you during labor pains or a nice reward that you can suffer in the hospital immediately after birth by asking your doctor.
What To Have in the Bag You Prepared for Your Baby
- Wet wipes
- Babygro (2-3 pieces)
- Smallest size nappy (at least 1 pack)
- Hood/hat (2 pairs)
- Booties (2 pairs)
- Socks (3 pairs)
- Gloves (2 pairs)
- Long-sleeved jumpsuit or pyjamas (2-3 pcs)
- Seasonal vest or cardigan (1-2 pcs)
- Baby blanket (1-2 pieces)
- Soft little towel (4-5 pcs)
- Mama apron (3-4 pcs)
- Rash cream
- Baby shampoo, baby oil, baby wash sponge and baby cream
- Dirty laundry bag
What to Look out for
- Personal care kit:
In this care set you will prepare for your baby; you should keep care products such as baby shampoo, hairbrush, wet wipes, nail file. If you’re not against pacifiing your baby, you can take one or two pacifiers with you.
There will be sheets in every hospital, but if you’re meticulous and you don’t want to use the hospital’s, you can throw a sheet for the baby bed and a blanket in the bag just in case.
- Baby clothes:
You can put badi, vests, aprons, cardigans, dicks, pyjamas, socks, jumpsuit hats and gloves and dirty bags, provided there are two of them each.
- Homecoming outfit:
When choosing your return outfit, you should keep the clothes suitable for the season and your baby’s estimated birth weight. Likewise, you must make room in your bag in a hat that will protect your seasonal baby from the sun or cold, and a blanket to cover it on your baby. If you are in winter, we recommend that you keep the baby in self-booted and gloved snowwear.
- For your older children:
If your baby has a brother or sister, it is very important for you to get them to warm up to your new family. Be sure to keep your pictures on your bedside to show that you don’t forget them when young children come to visit you after birth because they fear that they can be jealous and forgotten about the newborn baby. And if they’re young, you can tell them that your baby siblings bring them a gift and give them a toy that you’ve already prepared.
As long as you’re in the hospital, you don’t have to worry about diapers. Just take a diaper with you for every hour if you’re on your way home.
Other Items You Should Be In Your Bag
- Prepare your necessary documents for the hospital, such as birth certificates and insurance papers
- Charge technological appliances such as cameras, cameras, phones and put the charger in your bag
- You can put it in your bag from your favorite confectionery
- If you’re sensitive to hygiene, you can get your pillowcases and blankets from home
- You can get clothes for your partner and companions
- Baby car seat