Pregnancy sugar, as it is known in pregnancy diabetes or public, is a temporary form of diabetes that occurs during pregnancy and usually disappears with the birth of the baby.
Pregnancy diabetes, which occurs approximately 2-4% of pregnant women, is more common in those with diabetes in their family, in overweight people, pregnant women over 35 years old and those who have given birth to more than 4 kilograms of babies in previous pregnancies.
Pregnancy sugar; the course of pregnancy, the general health of the baby and the mother is closely related. For this reason, it is very important to have sufficient information about pregnancy sugar.
How to Take A Sugar Load Test?
The sugar loading test is to give the mother’s candidate sugary water containing glucose, i.e. sugar. The sugar load test is usually 24-28. is done between weeks.
The amount of sugar used in sugar loading is 50 grams, 75 grams, or 100 grams depending on the situation.
After the test, blood values are looked at and diabetes symptoms are investigated. If the result of the first test is high, 100 grams of oral glucose testing is performed and blood values are looked at again.
Sugar Load Test Steps are as follows;
- The sugar loading test should be taken to your hungry abdomen (without eating anything after 00:00, if possible).
- The pharmacy is taken from the sugary water drink suitable for the milligram prescribed by the doctor.
- Blood is given to your hungry abdomen from the hospital’s blood-taking department.
- After giving blood to the sugary beverage, the sip should be consumed completely.
- Blood is returned at the end of an hour. If it is a 50 milligram sugar load test, the phase ends here.
- For a 75 milligram sugar loading test, another hour is expected and given blood again. 1 00 milligrams for 1 hour after the re-blood issuance process is repeated.
Nutrition Advice for Pregnancy Sugar
- Weight control has a very important place during pregnancy. First of all, it is necessary to pay a lot of attention to weight gain.
- Expectant mothers with gestational diabetes need to change their lifestyle and should definitely be fed very carefully.
- They should make sure their blood sugar goes regularly. A personalized nutrition plan should be created and implemented first. 12-15% of the energy that needs to be taken daily should come from proteins, 55-60% from carbohydrates and 25-30% from fats.
- The daily diet needs to be reviewed. Incorrect tonote on a sheet of paper and scratch should be scratched when corrected.
- Meals and meals should be arranged for the hours consumed.
3 main meals should be made during the day and absolutely supported with intermediate meals. Intermediate meals have a very important place to balance blood sugar.
- For example, when a nutritious breakfast is made around 9:00 a.m., blood sugar should be balanced by making a small intermediate meal around 11:00 a.m., and sweet crises should be avoided.
- When fruit is preferred in intermediate meals, a nutrient should be consumed from the protein group. Because the fruit can raise blood sugar very quickly and lower it very quickly, as well as a protein group, blood sugar is balanced when a nutrient is preferred. Apples and milk can be a good alternative.
- In addition to the rise of blood sugar in gestational sugar, blood sugar may also decrease. Lowering blood sugar can be as dangerous as its height. In this context, carbohydrates should not be completely removed from the nutrition program. Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy or calories. The important thing is to choose the right carbohydrates during this period. Carbohydrates are divided into simple and complex. During this period, the expectant mother should choose complex carbohydrates. Complex carbohydrates force the body to work harder because of their chemical structure and fibrous ness, and energy is released at a longer time. They have a low glycemic index, so they hold saline for longer.
A Sample Nutrition Program for Pregnancy Sugar
Pre-Breakfast: 1 cup of water
Breakfast: 2 slices of low-fat white cheese (1 day a week 1 slice cheese + 1 boiled egg) tomatoes, cucumbers, plenty of greens, 2 whole walnuts or 6 olives, 2-3 slices of whole grain bread.
Intermediate Meal: 1 serving of fruit and 1 cup of milk.
Lunch: 1 bowl of soup, chicken meat up 4-6 dumplings/meatballs or fish (grilled or baked in the oven) and salad with plenty of greens. Besides 1 bowl of yogurt or 1 bowl of cecik and 2 slices of whole grain bread can be preferred.
Intermediate Meal: Plenty of greens toast with white cheese, next to 1 cup of buttermilk. Or 1 serving of fruit and 5-6 pieces of nuts.
Evening: 1 bowl soup, 8 tablespoons vegetable dish, 1 bowl yoghurt / 1.5 cup buttermilk / 1 bowl of green, baggy greens salad and 2 thin slices of whole grain bread or 4-5 tablespoons bulgur rice.
Night: 1 serving of fruit and 1 bowl of yogurt.