During Ramadan, pregnant women have question marks on whether to fast or not. The advice of doctors both religiously and in general is that pregnant and lactating women do not fast.
However, if the expectant mother does not have any health problems during pregnancy and allows the doctor to fast, it is very important how this process should be managed.
How Should Pregnant Women Feed Time in Sahur?
Sahur is the most important meal that prepares people for the food. In order to prevent blood sugar from falling in the early hours, and to prevent involuntary weight gain as a result of continuously variable hormones and slowing metabolism due to the effect of pregnancy, sahur meal must be made.
Sahur time; Very fatty deli products such as frying, roasting, salami, sausage, sausage, should be avoided from very fatty, very spicy, salty foods.
Since such foods will cause more thirst, it will make it difficult to fast. Foods containing proteinsuch as eggs, yogurt, kefir, milk, low-fat cheese, which will give a long-term feeling of sapalm; Oilseeds that hold full, such as raw and unsalted nuts, walnuts, almonds, fresh vegetables and fruits should be preferred to help increase bowel movements with rich fiber content.
Sahur time should not be consumed as much as possible white bread or pita. Because these types of bread are high in glycemic index and cause rapid hungry. Instead, bread made of whole wheat or rye flour balances blood sugar and prolongs saline time thanks to complex carbohydrates in its content.
How Should Pregnant Women Feed Iftar Time?
After prolonged hunger, blood sugar drops as a result of rapid and too much tendency to eat.
This can be dangerous for sudden blood sugar variability when it comes to pregnancy. In order to prevent this, fasting should be opened with 2 cups of warm water +1 palms. With 1 bowl of soup and palm-sized pita, the meal should be continued, then 15-20 minutes should be suspended.
It should be noted that the saturation signal reaches the brain in 15-20 minutes. Then the main food should be switched, and it is important to eat the bites slowly and well chewing.
Iftar time; Meat, chicken or olive oil vegetables prepared with grilled, boiled or baking methods, meat yve edicts, dried legumes should be preferred and these foods should be consumed with yogurt, buttermilk, caucona, kefir, salad with plenty of greens, a few slices of whole wheat/wholemeal/rye bread.
When it comes to pregnancy, heavy pastries, roasting, roasting, oil-fried sherbet dough desserts should be avoided, especially at iftar meal.
How Should Pregnant Women Eat Between Iftar and Sahur?
For the baby in the womb, the amount of water consumed is very important. At least 6 cups of water that should be consumed daily should be consumed by spreading time between iftar and sahur as much as possible.
Iftar and sahur time consumed in excess of water, the stomach can be over-swelling and some digestive problems can prepare the ground.
However, a serving of milk desserts, fruits and raw nuts can be consumed during this time by paying attention to the portions.
What Pregnant Women Should Pay Attention During Ramadan
- Care should be taken to an adequate and balanced diet during Ramadan.
- Healthy eating plate model should be adopted and half of the plate should be prepared to include a vegetable group, while the other half should include healthy carbohydrates and a group of proteins to help with long-term toughness.
- Lack of adequate fluid sahur during iftar and sahur can lead to health problems such as headaches, nausea, weakness, blood pressure drops, taking into account pregnancy. In this context, 2-2.5 liters of water should be consumed daily.
- During pregnancy, black tea and coffee during Ramadan have a diuretic effect in the body, i.e. water loss, consumption should be minimized, instead of water, buttermilk, sugar-free compote, plant teas should be preferred.
- If the doctor is not stranded in drinking, fennel tea is very useful in solving the problems of gas and bloating that may occur in the stomach after iftar and sahur.
- Bread, pasta or bulgur made of whole wheat, rye or dandruff flour should be preferred instead of foods containing white flour and sugar, which suddenly raise and lower blood sugar and cause to get hungry quickly.
- Pastries, fries, very oily, salty foods, processed meat products that do not provide a feeling of sasury and cause excessive thirst during the day should be avoided.
- Foods should be cooked with healthy methods of grilling, oven, boiling or steaming methods.
- Light sweets with milk or fruit can be preferred 1-2 times a week instead of sorbet desserts.
- Fresh vegetables and fruits with high fiber content should be added to the kefir nutrition plan, which is a healthy product of oatmeal, flax seed and probiotic, for the problem of constipation, which is very common due to lack of movement and nutrients.