From the first weeks of pregnancy, the mothers’ instinctive thoughts are aimed at protecting the health of their babies. That’s why they’re very confused about what to eat and drink from the pregnancy.
One of the questions that almost all expectant mothers have in mind during pregnancy is the question ‘ Can I drink mineral water?’ is the question.
As expectant mothers, it’s nice to think about everything, and it’s normal for this problem to be caught up in mind. For this, the difference between mineral water and soda must be well known first.
Mineral water; it is the name of water that comes naturally underground and has various minerals in it. The gas drink obtained when carbon dioxide gas is given to water with sodium bicarbons is called soda.
In our country, mineral water and soda are often mixed and used in each other’s place. However, mineral waters are much richer in mineral terms than soda.
Benefits of Mineral Water during Pregnancy
- Mineral water is natural alkaline. In this context, it helps to maintain the pH balance of the stomach.
- It helps to close the calcium gap that occurs during pregnancy due to calcium in it and is beneficial to bone health. Mineral water containing calcium can be a good alternative, especially for pregnant women who do not consume enough milk and dairy products.
- Reduces risks such as tooth decay, especially during pregnancy due to fluoride.
- The hormone relacsin secreted during pregnancy causes the intestines to slow down to a certain degree. Mineral water also helps to eliminate indigestion problems at this point.
- Useful for muscle cramps and gas jams caused by constipation.
- Protects the mother from iron deficiency because it contains calcium and iron.
- Magnesium is also an important mineral element for the health of the body. It helps to maintain both physical and psychological well-being because it plays an important role in metabolic processes. Magnesium deficiency causes hyperemotivity, headache, chills, dizziness, insomnia, spasms and numbness. Bone pain causes decreased allergies and immunity and cramps.
- Recommended especially for those with high blood sugar or low sodium diet.
- Mineral waters include minerals such as calcium and magnesium, as well as trace elements necessary for the body such as iodine, selenium, fluoride. These mineral and trace elements in mineral water are easy to use by the body for important functions.
- Mineral water also helps to balance blood pressure.
Damage sebromy dwellings during pregnancy
There is no direct scientific evidence of the harms of mineral water during pregnancy. On the contrary, it is emphasized that it can be consumed for the mother candidate due to the minerals contained in it.
In order to meet the needs of the baby, the expectant mother from the pregnancy process should consume many mineraland nutritious products. Mineral waters can also be useful for the mother candidate in terms of the various minerals they contain.
Of course, this does not necessarily mean that it should be drunk during the day. They can drink 1-2 mineral water a day from the pregnancy process in accordance with the wishes of the expectant mothers. However, consuming more mineral water than this amount can cause more harm than good.
Mineral water damage segregated when not consumed in the appropriate dimensions can be listed as follows;
- Mineral water is high in sodium salts, which can cause swelling if consumed regularly.
- Normal water needs are not fulfilled. In addition to your normal daily water consumption, it is not recommended to consume more than 1-2 per day.
- It has an effect of raising blood pressure, so it is not recommended for pregnant women to drink without consulting the doctor.
- People with hypocalsemia should take a maximum of 1500 mg of calcium per day and consume mineral water or soda accordingly.
What to Know About Mineral Water and Soda Consumption during Pregnancy
Mineral water consumption during pregnancy has no proven harm to the mother and baby. However, the need to pay attention to this issue is that the mineral water is unprocessed.
The best part of mineral water is that there is no objection to its consumption due to the fact that it is a natural and pure mineral water. If fruit aroma or various additives are added, it will be among the products processed, and in this case it will not help to consume it.
Fruit-flavored mineral waters fall into the category of fizzy drinks that should not be consumed during pregnancy. In addition, due to the carbon dioxide in it, direct mineral water consumption instead of soda is recommended during pregnancy.
One of the things that needs to be known about mineral water consumption during pregnancy is that the sodium content contained in mineral water is high. This amount can be objectionable for expectant mothers with blood pressure.
In this context, expectant mothers should not consume without consulting their doctor.